- Brainstorm possible interview candidates.
- Submit your top two candidates to the Project Approval Form.
- Contact your first choice early. Give yourself enough time to go to Plan B if you are unable to get an interview with your first choice.
- Craft some great questions and conduct your interview. Follow the instructions carefully in the Outreach Project Guidelines handout.
- Log In to the WordPress dashboard of the site using the Login section to the right (Create a user if you haven’t already.)
- Navigate to Posts –> Add New. Write a feature article or Q&A based on your interview and save it as a draft. You can return to add to or edit the draft as much as you need to up until the due date.
- Add any graphics or media you’d like using the “Upload/Insert” button. Unless the media is yours, please include links to the original source of any media you use.
- When you are done with your post, submit it for grading by clicking “Publish”
- After you’ve published, you can still edit your article by clicking “Update” up until the due date.